Wednesday, 11 June 2008

Rollercoaster

Life is always a bit of a rollercoaster ride and I've had my share of ups and downs but I want to share that at the end of last week I had my first major down for quite a while. I had, naively, thought that I was over my anxiety and depression. I was off the medication and back in full time work but then, wham, a quick sudden dip on the Wednesday (pulled up short by a chat with someone close, thank you dearest friend) and then double wham, a major melt down on Thursday just as I arrived at work and leading to me being sent home.
It scares me but I know that these phases pass and that I am not alone, I feel ok now although still a little shell shocked.

3 comments:

Rebicmel said...

Tim believe it or not I suffer from anxiety and depression. I take meds to help keep it in check. It doesn't always work but it's better than sitting in the corner rocking back and forth in the dark thinking something is out to get me. Yep been there, Know someone cares though and understands these moments.

Hope you are doing better today.

Toadee said...

I'm feeling far more 'stable' at the moment. Thank you for your support and I happily reciprocate because if we don't look after each other then we all become less.

KB said...

I hear ya my friend. It's always the same for me, fine for months and then BOOM out of nowhere. The way I look at it is, my mind is tellin me that there is somethin on which needs to be addressed. Hope you are OK xxxx