Monday 9 July 2007

I don't understand

I was just watching a tv programme about hypnotherapy.
It featured a couple who had quite significant relationship and personality differences and the hypnotherapist was going to do a series of sessions to help them resolve their differences.

I can't see how this can work, sure, you can bring someone to change values and beliefs or encourage them to 'not see' the undesirable aspects of their partner but then it's no longer the same people. I have always believed in the idea of accepting someone and knowing when you meet the right person because it feels right and there are no major 'issues'

Secondly, this couple aren't even married, shouldn't they cut their losses rather than invest in a relationship which is doomed before they even make it official.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes indeed Toadee. I say they should cut the loses and run!! Life is to short to waste time on the wrong partner.

Darlin_Jo said...

I would have to say that if before there is even a marriage you are altering your mind to get past the differences you have then yeah...you are probably doomed.

But then I know people who have everything in common and are doomed.

~Darlin~

Magdalen Islands said...

I usually cut and run myself so you know my comment!

Toadee said...

I'm glad it's not just me who thinks this situation is odd!