Wednesday 18 July 2007

The Library job

It was pre blog when i applied for the full time job on the mobile library, I really thought I'd got it but instead i got the standard letter........'you interviewed well........ strong candidates.......very close etc etc'

Today, while i was at work doing the job I didn't get, I found out just how Strong the candidates who beat me were.

#1. she had the driving assessment last week and can't drive the bigger vehicles.

#2. they are having to make further enquiries as his police check threw up some worrying information.

ok so in a way it feels good that the library service are suffering for not picking me but then i get to thinking, these people beat me to the job lol so where does that leave me?

5 comments:

Head Cookie said...

I would say that within a week you will probably get a letter that says the job is yours if you want it.

Magdalen Islands said...

Then make them wait for your answer.

Toadee said...

it would be contrary to equal oppoertunities policy to offer me the job without re-advertising. It is only ok to do this within a very short space of time after the interviews if a preferred candidate gives back word.

Keith's Ramblings said...

I'd throw the book at them!

selfconfessedfailure said...

I had a similar experience last year and it made me Very Angry Indeed. They probably chose the woman bacause it looked better for their equal opportunities policy to have a female driver and Not because she was the best candidate. As a gay woman, 'equal opportunities' works wonders for me(sometimes), even when it really shouldn't and there are other people out there who are better qualified for things than I am! It is an unfair world that we live in.....