Wednesday 12 September 2007

My dad

when i got in from work yesterday my partner said that my dad needed a lift to the health centre a she had been having chest pain all day, he suffers from angina and had a triple bi-pass about 10 years ago, I went straight down to his house and drive him and mum to the health centre and from there to the A&E department.

I was, of course, very worried and, as I sat in the waiting room, I was thinking about how special dad is.

He isn't famous and he had never done anything outstanding but he is outstanding. He is outstanding for the values he holds (which have often prevented him gaining promotion), he is outstanding for the love he has and gives, he is outstanding precisely because he doesn't seek greatness and notoriety, he supports his family and friends and wants only the best for them.

I love him so much.

It turns out that he has a pneumonia, although only mild, and he was sent home with anti-biotics and pain relief

3 comments:

Toadee said...

it is scary. Now we just have to make him rest

Anonymous said...

tim--

that was a really great post, and it was good to read. i'm glad that he is ok.

i'm glad you recognize goodness in your dad.

Toadee said...

thank you Chloe

I doubt I'll ever be as good as my dad