Thursday 27 September 2007

Who's a silly blogger?

I am!
"4 hours ago I was struggling with my computer because it kept telling me that my user name/password were invalid for logging on to the internet. I sweated and swore and cried buckets of blood, a pop up told me that there was an our-rage and I replied to bl**dy true, it's an out-rage.

Having wrestled manfully with the problem I gave in and rang the help line (at premium rate) who told me to try all the things I'd already tried. I rang that helpline twice last night and again this morning and they told me that they were mystified but would run line tests today and that i should call them back tomorrow (more premium rate calls).

I was feeling the loss of internet keenly, I missed my buddies and I desperately wanted to vote on bloginterviewer. I actually rang a friend because I needed my fix of warm snugly friendship (much better value for my money than the help line hehe).

Early this afternoon, I was sorting through some mail on my desk and I decide I really ought to read the booklet that arrived a few days ago from the phone company I am switching to. Yep, you guessed it! the switch over was yesterday and part of the package is wireless internet The reason I couldn't connect is because I am now with a different ISP.

In my defense an earlier letter had said the switch would be at the beginning of October and I'm just not used to companies doing better than they promise.

4 comments:

Toadee said...

I'm so silly and you're a star!

Mona said...

You don't say "I am".. You say " I are" ..LOL!

Head Cookie said...

Glad to see your computer is up and running and you are back to blogging.

Toadee said...

Jadey, you wouldn't believe how glad I am to be back here