Thursday 6 September 2007

Naughty Toad

was out delivering today and I'm afraid i damaged the truck.

I was going down a steep hill when someone pulled out in front and i had to slam the brakes on. The combination of hill and braking made the load slide forward and I ended up with a bad dent in the bulkhead (and a precarious load).

I have told the transport manager but he hasn't seen the damage yet.

The worst of it is that after months of driving around in scruffy old waggons this one was only a few months old.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the end, no one was hurt.

Be thankful for that. A truck can be repaired.

Toadee said...

that is so true ans as an agency driver I get to walk away anyway.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it's worrying for you, and I'm sure you want to be a good driver...agency driver or not.

But, you are safe...the people in the car are safe...everything else can be fixed.

:-)

Toadee said...

yep, thanks for your concern x